When I was a little girl and met someone who was over 20 years old, I was thinking: “wow, they are so cool and important”. I always wanted to be an adult. Everyone was telling me that once I am, I would want to go back to my childhood.
Here I am, I’m 30 years old and I couldn’t be happier. The only thing is that my picture of being an adult from my early age got very different. I still feel like I’m 20 something. Maybe it is true when people say that 30 is the new 20 :).
Nevertheless, I would like to share with you my 30 thoughts on turning 30:
1. In your 20s, you can learn lots of lessons about life. Stepping into next decade, I’m much stronger. I always say: what doesn’t kill you, makes you only stronger.
2. Small and down to earth things make me very happy. For instance, new sheets on the bed or towels in the bathroom give me so much joy. Might sound funny, but true.
3. With the age, women start losing muscle, so regular workouts are a must. No more skipping exercising, because muscle loss slows the metabolism.
4 . No more parties. I enjoy way more staying at home, reading a book or watching a movie with my hubby. (No matter how lame this sounds.)
5. Saying “no” comes so much easier. Your life is not about pleasing everyone around you, but making sure that you’re staying true to yourself.
6. Skin care is more important. I’m getting older, not younger so keeping my skin moisture and well taken care of is a must.
7. What you eat is what you are. Especially in my age, I need to watch what I put in my mouth. Even though I don’t have a sweet tooth, I won’t say “yes” just to be nice. Sorry.
8. Even though I’m 30, I still want to have this kid in me and don’t ever lose it :).
9. I’m one of “older bloggers” that being said, (I hope) I have more knowledge to share with you.
10. I won’t be a “young” mom, but that’s ok, because my mom was 40 when she gave birth to me :).
11. I was always a self-distanced person, but now I’m even more. It’s good not to be too serious about yourself.
12. I’m less stressed about the small things, because they don’t matter in the long run.
13. When it comes to my wardrobe, I’m more about statement pieces than trendy items. “Fashion is a trend. Style is within a person.”
14. Health is one of the most important things in your life so I’m very grateful I’m healthy and I want to take even better care of it now.
15. Communication is super important. Be clear with what you want to say and don’t color the words in your message. The simpler, the better.
16. I want to catch and live in every moment of my life, because these 30 years of it passed by very quickly. The older you get, the quicker it passes.
17. Home is the place my husband and I spend most of our time. I want to make sure that it’s always clean and organized very thoughtfully.
18. It doesn’t matter how people see you, but how you feel inside.
19. I feel like I have everything and now my dreams are much smaller. I’ve been to so many countries and have so many experiences that now I’m more about being healthy and happy. Simple as that, but I still dream big.
20. Surround yourself with people who are genuinely happy for you.
21. Let go of the past and negative people, you’re not going back there. Just move forward, always forward.
22. The group of people I am close with got so much smaller and I think that’s completely okay.
23. Even though I’m 30, people still ask me for ID. I guess I still look young.
24. Lately, I’ve been trying to drink 4 liters of water and I have to tell you, it’s the game changer. I feel more energized, have very rarely headaches, no constipation and my skin looks so much better. So remember: drink water as much as you can :).
25. I got married before 30 – it was something I was hoping for in my 20s. I’m also more in love with my husband than I ever was before. What’s the best is that love grows so always remember to water it well :).
26. Cooking is now something I enjoy much more than I used to. I love creating something and then seeing my hubby enjoying it. My heart is just always so happy to see it. I prefer much more staying at home and cooking together than going to the restaurant.
27. I trust my intuition much more now, because it’s been trained very well for these 30 years. My gut tells me the truth.
28. Do more of what you like and don’t waste your time on things that don’t make you happy. Time is precious, spend it wisely.
29. I’ve learnt that the process is what matters. The end goal is, of course, rewarding, but life happens in small moments. You gotta love the process.
30. I might be 30, but I still (always) believe that the best is yet to come.
Find me on social media, because it’ll be great to have you there and follow me 😊: