Who doesn’t like the breeze in summer coming into the room? The colder home to come to from the outside where there’s like 40 Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) degrees? Oh, I’m in! However, every time I sit close to the air conditioner, to the fan or sleep with an open window, the next day I wake up with a sinus infection and that’s no joke. I don’t wish it to anybody!
What are the signs and symptons of sinus infection?
Of course, not everyone will have the same ones. When it comes to me, I have to deal with:
- headache (which is also called “sinus headache”) in my forehead area
- blockage in my nose (means sleeping with open mouth)
- post-nasal drip
- sinus pressure and pain around my face and eyes (so not pleasant)
Despite the ones above, you may also experience:
- foul-smelling discharge from your nose (also thick and yellow)
- a cold (that might get even worse not better)
How to deal with sinus infection?
As you already know, I always try to find natural ways to cure any health problems. I also believe that there has to be a simple way to get better (without antibiotics or medication). Trust me, sometimes the pain is not bearable and when I need to get the results quickly, I’ll take a pill (and there’s many of them available at any drug store). Nevertheless, most of the time I do the things below:
- Whenever I have a headache (not only when I have a sinus infection), I always put 1-2 drops of Frankincense essential oil on my temples and nicely rub it in. The little massage helps too! I use only organic essential oils, because I find that others don’t work that well.
- Drink lots of water. My goal every day is to drink 4 liters – most of the time I make it, because I’ll have four bottles filled with water and I just need to drink them all.
- Make a ginger tea with raw honey – first thing in the morning.
- Make an onion sandwich or if you’re not like me, just add onions to your salad or cook with it. Onions and garlic are great to boost your immune system.
- Chicken broth – homemade or bought in liquid or powder – everything works.
- Vitamin C – in a pill or foods rich in them, like more lemon added to salad or tea.
- Humidifier or essential oil diffuser (better) with 7-10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil helps a lot, especially during the sleep. It opens up sinuses, clear mucus and eliminate infections.
Luckily, I have a husband that knowing his wife is going to suffer the next day, he’ll choose to suffer and don’t open the window or close the vent when it’s not super necessary. Sometimes though the heat is not manageable so I do what’s bad for me and the next day do all the steps above and it helps!
That being said, days when I can breathe normally and have no headache, I cherish and am thankful for a lot!
Sometimes small, simple things can make us very happy!
They make me happy! 🙂
I’ve just read two very interesting articles on The Brucey Experiment and I would like to share them with you :).
One is about Freedom: https://thebruceyexperiment.net/2018/07/06/freedom/ and the other one is about the cost of living: https://thebruceyexperiment.net/2018/07/08/the-cost-of-living/
Two great articles worth checking out! 🙂
Find me on social media, because it’ll be great to have you there and follow me 😊: