When I was a little girl, I would ask my parents to buy me this one specific cake from bakery. It was custard cake, which luckily I’ve recreated myself (without these extra toppings on top, but less is more) :).
Whoever has tried my custard cake, loved it and my husband is probably enjoying it right now at his work. Yes, he loves it very much.
I thought why not share it with my lovely followers who can enjoy it, as well?! 🙂
I’ve also created a video for you, because I know from my own experience that it’s always easier when you actually see a person making it.
Anyway, enough “talking” and let’s get to the recipe itself! 🙂
Easy-Peasy Custard Cake Recipe:
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (melted & slightly cooled)
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- sugar powder for decorations
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and put aluminum foil or coconut oil on the pan 8″x 8″ or 4″ x 6″.
- In the mixing bowl, beat the eggs whites until stiff peaks for and set aside,
- In the clean mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, honey, butter and a pinch of salt until mixture is well combined and it turns pale yellow.
- Slowly beat the milk into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the flour and mix to combine.
- Add a little at a time the egg whites. Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Sprinkle with sugar powder before serving.
-you can subtitute honey with: sugar, molases or maple syrup (and add up to 1 and a half cup of one of your choice if you’d like it sweeter);
-instead of pink himalayan salt, you can use sea salt;
-milk can be either 1%, 2% or 3.2%
-you can subtitute all-purpose flour with almond or coconut one.
Find me on social media, because it’ll be great to have you there and follow me 😊: